NastyDB8's swag-mobile ; )

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
thanks bro. I'm just waiting to get the graph emailed to me.
I'm heading to the shop in a bit. I'll remind ELO to email you your graph. Does he already have your email address? If not, text it to me. :thumbs up

NastyDB8

I was too stoked to remember myself, it was after I left that I remembered to get the dyno graph emailed. So I will just wait

NastyDB8

*** TUNED DYNOGRAPH 7/02/2013 ***

96 GSR HEAD
Skunk2 Tuner 2 Cams
Crower Valvetrain
BDL cam gears
Skunk2 Ultra Street Manifold 74MM
Skunk2 Pro throttle body 74MM
Skunk2 Alpha Header
Short Ram Intake
RC/Precision440 Injectors

B20B Bottom End

Crank Polished and Balanced
85MM bore
RS Machined ITR style pistons
Comp 11:5.1

HERE'S THE GRAPH AND NUMBERS PUT DOWN..... (I am content with the outcome as my goal was to get close to or achieve 200WHP)

I spoke to Elton and he said that there is more room to grow. somewhere down the road i will get a 3 inch CAI and upgrade my exhaust system, possibly go with bigger injectors... what do you guys think?

NastyDB8

I have a bad exhaust leak from my CAT which I am going to replace with str8 pipe. Also my exhaust setup could be better as well going with a CAI fixing those items I think I could get closer to 210whp. Reading graphs is new to me , but i am learning.

NastyDB8

nice numbers, just curious why you stopped making power at 8k with those cams.
I hit Elton up and maybe he can give me a better explanation to why I am only making power upto 8K , until then I am gonna have to hold off answering your question bro.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
You can only flow air as well as your greatest choke point. The intake will help but i think the rpm limit is based on how well his head flows. The itr has well improved head flow and it only increases by 500 rpm. Theres more to it but lets keep it simple... or i'll get confused.

I also dont think it stopped making power, looking at how flat the tq is, but im inclined to think elton plays it safe. He probably doesnt feel it necessary to rev it out and/or safer not to on the setup.

Last edited:

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
I'm jw since I figured the skunks would make power a bit higher than I did. That's all. Reading this makes me want to build another motor.