s2000 cluster project

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
i finally came home last night and the cluster did come with the pigtails!!!! $140 son! hahaha. ill post pics of it on my thread later.

konerri

sorry about everything. i know i everything was suppose to be working by yesterday but a had a wedding i had to go to and there was a little drinking involved.....a couple of hours later, we were planning some ball...such a good day yesterday. i just had to go out. ..............Any how, seems like there are some interest in sales so i think i will do start selling these things. But if do, for a complete, ready to go unit will be around the 150ish range. But this is still up in the air.

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
just read this thread...dont know why it took so long, but man you are doing a crazy amount of work...good luck, and cant wait to seee what it looks like inside the car!

DCmonkey

sorry about everything. i know i everything was suppose to be working by yesterday but a had a wedding i had to go to and there was a little drinking involved.....a couple of hours later, we were planning some ball...such a good day yesterday. i just had to go out. ..............Any how, seems like there are some interest in sales so i think i will do start selling these things. But if do, for a complete, ready to go unit will be around the 150ish range. But this is still up in the air.
150ish sounds like a decent price to shoot for,id buy it specially since you are actually showing people how it cant be done by urself and how much time and effort youve put in to this so its good in my book.....just the price to pay for lazyness or just inability to work with electronics.......me im a wrench head myself so yeh electrics and me = un-wanted shock therapy or fire

plummo_vtec

That is brilliant mate cant wait for the ingredients list so i can have a bash myself,
oh yeah can you put on here somewhere what the converter is able to do too

konerri

That is brilliant mate cant wait for the ingredients list so i can have a bash myself,
oh yeah can you put on here somewhere what the converter is able to do too
so far i have the speedo converter section of the unit working perfectly now. still have to work on the temperature issue and "normal mode" vs "track mode"

If any body didn't catch everything, here are the cliff notes:

1. i wanted to put an s2000 cluster in my DC integra.
2. problems with speedometer and Engine coolant temperature not working.
3. buy two different electronic gismos the fix the problem OR make the fix myself.
4. A computer science Grad should be able to do this. So make the fix by building just one gismos that will fix both problems.
5. Did alot of research and alot of people are very hush hush about information.
6. Bought and borrowed alot of equipment.
7. Borrowed an s2000.
8. Came up with some graphs to show the differences between both cars.
9. came up with a plan of attack.
10. took a long time to get here. Got rough schematic going.
11. Got all the parts.
12. Got more parts and compilers(software)
13. (today) got the signals for the speedo conversion working.
14. working on number 14 :thumbs up

Just to give some guys a heads up on the processor. It's a MicroChip 16f877A microcontrller, which i 've been using for the last 4 years. This is also the same microcontroller that Hondata uses for KPro.

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
i had a chance to go home over the weekend and had a better idea of whats going to be done. ive noticed that the s2k cluster lays down at an angle and probably not flat right?

konerri

i had a chance to go home over the weekend and had a better idea of whats going to be done. ive noticed that the s2k cluster lays down at an angle and probably not flat right?
That was my problem too. will have to somehow use the clear piece from the old cluster to "level" it out maybe.

GrB

info software

Hello Konerri will you share the PIC software with me? Because i'm working on the same project as you.
I'm using the following PIC processor 16F690.

Greetings,

René :drive:

konerri

Hello Konerri will you share the PIC software with me? Because i'm working on the same project as you.
I'm using the following PIC processor 16F690.

Greetings,

René :drive:
well, it's not done yet...but what have you done so far as for coding?

plummo_vtec

Are you any closer to getting the cluster working and also are you having the water temp work on the guage as well as in the race mode speedo setting

konerri

Are you any closer to getting the cluster working and also are you having the water temp work on the guage as well as in the race mode speedo setting
Well let me clear up some things. During "normal mode" it will look and work exactly like a normal s2000 cluster. In "race mode", the speedometer will become a ECT meter.

OK?

plummo_vtec

Well let me clear up some things. During "normal mode" it will look and work exactly like a normal s2000 cluster. In "race mode", the speedometer will become a ECT meter.

OK?
cheers for that was un sure cant wait to get the scematic so i can construct and apply to the cluster and have it working on the car i have chosen stainless steel for the surround gap will post pics when i have it sorted