s2000 cluster project

djmatix

Very nice work! Hooray for good information and a determined person! So glad someone is finally doing this who is sharing with the community. I have yet to see a commercial product readily available that works. Everyone else says "oh yeah this place in hungry makes the units blah blah blah, or they are not available" <ahem dscustoms>

Per their website:
Converters are No Longer in stock. Place your order today and you will be guaranteed one out of the next shipment I receive.

Made in the USA huh? I bet konerri figures this out before you get more in stock.

Last edited:

konerri

Very nice work! Hooray for good information and a determined person! So glad someone is finally doing this who is sharing with the community. I have yet to see a commercial product readily available that works. Everyone else says "oh yeah this place in hungry makes the units blah blah blah, or they are not available" <ahem dscustoms>

Per their website:
Converters are No Longer in stock. Place your order today and you will be guaranteed one out of the next shipment I receive.

Made in the USA huh? I bet konerri figures this out before you get more in stock.

Thanks for some much needed encouragement. More updates will follow during the week.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
I wanted to get an S2K cluster too. Didn't know it would be this complicated. Mad props to you man!

P.S. I forgot your name. Lol!

djmatix

So I just picked up a new dash for my car (its a 99 civic) and i had purchased an 05 RS-X gauge cluster to retro fit. From first glance it looked like it would fit quite nice, but it doesnt even fit in the compartment. I'm kinda bummed because I was going to use this S2000 converter to power the speedo.

I dont have 400 to spend on an 05+ s2k cluster and plugs to do that conversion. I guess i'll have to do an SI gauge cluster. bah!

Keep up the good work!!! Cant wait to see how it comes out.

glarus

Good to see some open source initiative here. The guy at www.marklamond.co.uk has also reverse engineered the cluster electronics. I am not sure how willing he is at imparting any specifics but there is some good information on the page e.g. pinouts for the AP1 and AP2 clusters.

After seeing the BS vendors who have proprietary information put the Honda 'scene' through I am glad that this information will be free. Schematics will be made and we can finally get some cheap PCBs from China or Taiwan. Let the best quality part win and let those who fail be purged from the marketplace. No one owes anything to anyone claiming to be the first to do this.

</noob rant>

djmatix

i'll second that noob rant. Lets get this working, and cheaply manufactured! I for sure like where this is going where you'd be able to swap from speed, to coolant temp etc. Keep up the good work!!!

DCmonkey

danm bro cudos to you and all your hard work,i dont wanna sound like a D**K rider but i really appreciatea person with your electronics knowledge to step up and help out the community like that cause honestly the import tuning era is full of shady characters I,E DCwhatevercustoms(sorry bro but you are shady in my book) if you ever concidering making a kit to sell to us here @ club integra i would love to buy one from you and i hope its simple wiring cause i might be a wrench monkey but i can fuck up wiring pretty nicely sometimes :/

again good luck and thanx

P.S :D we have identical whips except i roll wingless and my fender and bumper are painted,we are jdm brothers in ARMS OMG!!!!!!!! lol ok back to the techie things

konerri

Did some more stripping of the car. Then got tired and thought about the cluster adapter. Did some coding and rough schematic designs

circuit design

it's pretty simple. Only six wires total

i would post up some code...but most of you wouldn't understand it.

Scourge

Awesome job. I saw that you wanted to display the ECT in the speedometer part as well. Have you looked into the 06+ S2000 clusters? They're different from the 04-05 in that they've got additional functionality to them. I never liked the AP1 cluster myself. I didn't need a redline that high plus I didn't like the ECT display. The AP2 cluster has a higher resolution ECT display.

So, back to the additions in the 06+ S2000 cluster. There were the VSA (pns B11, B14 and B25) and K-LINE (pin A11) additions. Then there's the outside temperature display (pin B22). Could probably be adapted to work with the ECT.

konerri

Awesome job. I saw that you wanted to display the ECT in the speedometer part as well. Have you looked into the 06+ S2000 clusters? They're different from the 04-05 in that they've got additional functionality to them. I never liked the AP1 cluster myself. I didn't need a redline that high plus I didn't like the ECT display. The AP2 cluster has a higher resolution ECT display.

So, back to the additions in the 06+ S2000 cluster. There were the VSA (pns B11, B14 and B25) and K-LINE (pin A11) additions. Then there's the outside temperature display (pin B22). Could probably be adapted to work with the ECT.
don't know....can the outside temp gauge be display up to 270 degree? going to have to get my hands on one first before anything can be determined.

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
great updates. my work has this picoscope that plugs to the laptop... shit is badass! is it the one you have?

i found a s2k cluster on ebay for a good price so hopefully everything goes through as planned :thumbup:

konerri

great updates. my work has this picoscope that plugs to the laptop... shit is badass! is it the one you have?

i found a s2k cluster on ebay for a good price so hopefully everything goes through as planned :thumbup:
maybe, i have the dual. that all i can afford for a hobby type scope. At work, we use some rather expension techtronic scopes that run like 5K.